Manhood in the making
Publisher: Yale University Press in New Haven, Conn
Written in English
- Masculinity -- Cross-cultural studies,
- Machismo -- Cross-cultural studies,
- Men -- Psychology -- Cross-cultural studies
Includes bibliographical references (p. 233-248) and index.
|Statement||David D. Gilmore.|
|LC Classifications||BF692.5 .G55 1990|
|The Physical Object|
|Pagination||xiii, 258 p. ;|
|Number of Pages||258|
|LC Control Number||89022425|
- A treatise on the diseases of infancy and childhood
- The Effects of Early Adversity on Neurobehavioral Development
- essay on musical expression
- Law and development in Nigeria
- Periodic inspections of Kahului and Laupahoehoe breakwaters, Hawaii
- Ring-disc electrodes
- Wiltshire coroners bills, 1752-1796
- Dawn over Mount Hira, and other essays
- Apprenticeships in Denmark
- Vertical axis wind turbine development
- vision of Piers the Plowman
- A few for Lew & other poems
- Letter from the secretary of the Treasury, accompanying a plan for laying and collecting direct taxes, by apportionment among the several states, agreeably to the rule prescribed by the Constitution, in pursuance of a resolution of the House, of the fourth of April, 1796.
- 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles
- Portraits of the game
- Effective interviews
- Wilderness camping and how to enjoy it.
- Language 1 and language 2
- Scientific papers
Manhood in the making by David D. Gilmore Download PDF EPUB FB2
Manhood in the Making: Cultural Concepts of Masculinity (New Haven, CT: Yale UP, ) pages Conventional manhood as found in several primitive tribes: warrior, food-gatherer, big-talker, etc.
Each culture has definite ideas and means for creating 'masculinity'. If you would like to know about better books on 'masculinity',Cited by: David Gilmore's Manhood in the Making provides an interesting glimpse at the ways masculinity is defined in various cultures.
It is a view that is, unfortunately, somewhat marred by the author's overly credulous acceptance of psychoanalytic and other soft-science theory, and his seemingly lack of curiosity about the work of neuoroscientists and evolutionary biologists that could cast some much 4/5. Manhood in the Making: Cultural Concepts of Masculinity (New Haven, CT: Yale UP, ) pages Conventional manhood as found in several primitive tribes: warrior, food-gatherer, big-talker, etc.
Each culture has definite ideas and means for creating 'masculinity'. If you would like to know about better books on 'masculinity',/5. Mark Greene writes, speaks, coaches and consults on the challenges we face as men raised in man box culture.
He is the author of the groundbreaking The Little #MeToo Book for Men. As a co-founder of ThinkPlay Partners and as a Senior Editor for the Good Men Project, Greene has spent over a decade as a writer and speaker, deconstructing our binary-riddled dialogues around manhood and masculinity.
In this book ( ed.) Biddulph unearths a great deal of 'hidden in plain sight' features of modern masculinity, looking at historical and social patterns to shape his arguments.
The author is an enthusiastic guide and educator with lots of professional experience in this area as a /5. Manhood | Definition of Manhood by Merriam-Webster.